CALL FOR PAPERS
SAINTCON is Utah's best annual Security Conference and Training Event. The Conference spans 4 days and includes a large variety of content and events making it very diverse and covers a large variety of security related areas of interest. SAINTCON is a community conference administered by the Utah Chapter of the Security Advisory and Incident Network Team (UtahSAINT).
This is a Call for Papers, Talks, Presentations, Trainings, and Workshops for SAINTCON 2019.
SAINTCON consists of three (3) dedicated speaking tracks and two (2) dedicated workshop and training tracks covering up to four (4) days during the conference. Talks at SAINTCON cover a variety of topics including light-weight discussions on governance, law, and policy through reverse engineering, exploitation, tooling, and security skills.
DATE AND LOCATION
SAINTCON 2021 will be held at the Utah Valley Convention Center in Provo, Utah
October 19-22, 2021
We are looking for qualified participants to present within one of the following formats:
- Open Presentation (25 Minutes) - Topic Briefing
- Open Presentation (50 Minutes) - Topic Presentation or Discussion
- Workshop (1-2 Hours) - Skills Development Presentation with practical involvement.
- Training (2-4 Hours) - Specific training opportunity on a particular skillset, tool, or hardware.
- Training (7 Hours) - Deep Dive Security based trainings on multiple topics.
- Keynotes (50 Minutes) - Conference Opener or Closer. Generally these are recruited and arranged prior to the conference, but if you have a topic you wish for us to consider for a Keynote slot, please submit it, we'll be happy to consider it.
In particular, we are looking for original talks of the highest quality in the following areas:
- Tools, Tools, Tools. Network Security Tools.
- Offensive and Defensive Technologies and Techniques
- Bugs and Reverse Engineering
- Patching and Enterprise Security techniques and skills
- Incident Handling, Forensics, and related topics
- Mobile Device Security
- Virtualization, Container, and Cloud Computing Security and Privacy
- Security Fundamental Topics
- Critical Infrastructure Security
- Cryptography use and abuse
- Malware, Spyware, Command and Control, etc.
- Web Application Security
- Radio or Wireless Hacking
- Hardware Hacking
- Community Talks
Note: This is not a comprehensive list, If you have a great topic not listed above, please submit it through the CFP system.
In order to ensure we have the highest quality talks possible, and provide the attendees with great content, the following guidelines will be considered as we go through the selection process:
- Priority will be given to NEW content not previously presented at other conferences.
- We will reserve a certain number of slots for local/UtahSAINT speakers each year
- The more detail put into your submission the higher it will be weighted in the selection process.
- If you have presented at SAINTCON previously, you will be given a more favorable opportunity.
- If you have presented at other conferences, please link videos if available
- If you intend to discuss a topic that can have any legal or controversial ramifications, please let us know. This does not disqualify, but helps us prepare appropriately.
- Marketing, Product pitches, Sales talks are OK for you to submit for consideration, you MUST however note such intent in the CFP.
Speakers, and Trainers at SAINTCON 2021 are entitled to the following:
- Paid Travel (for speakers outside the greater Wasatch Front area)
- Exclusive SAINTCON wearables
- Exclusive SPEAKER MiniBadge
- Invite to the Staff Party (RSVP required)
- Full Conference Pass
- Workshops and Trainers are eligible for compensation (see below)
Compensation is available for individuals teaching workshops or trainings. Compensation is negotiated during the acceptance process and is not necessarily determined based on a specific model. This is our way to ensure that we incentivize great content.
SAINTCON is currently unable to sponsor entry to the United States for any International submissions. International candidates must have, or be able to obtain proper entry visas without SAINTCON involvement to be eligible to present.
If you need to get in touch with us about the CFP process, please use the official email: speakers at saintcon dot org
CFP Opens Monday May 17, 2021
Final CFP Deadline June 30, 2021 23:59 MDT
First Accept Notifications July 12, 2021